Monday, July 28, 2008

...fish and "chip"pings...




Nope...this is not another write up about food but foot!!! Guess what, after months of wanting to try, finally I went to Happy Feet Fish Spa located in New World Park.

While killing time for an appointment and since I was near that vicinity, I decided to drop in. I was greeted by a friendly staff outside the entrance. She explained the pricing and packages they offer. This sounded attractive enough - RM22 for 30mins and RM28 for 40mins. On top of that, if you are Citibank credit card holder, there will be 15% off. Huh??? Don't play play...for less then RM22 you even get to swipe your credit card for points!!! So decided to take up the 30mins package. After the discount, only RM18.70 nya!!!

I was asked to wash my legs at the back, dry them and go directly up the platform. I went to the shop at about 7.00pm on a weekday, so the place was not crowded. Only a group of about 8 people and two other girls.

I have to sit on the platform and dip my legs in to a small canal like drain filled with clear water. You can see peebles and lots of small fishes swimming around. As soon my gigantic feet touched the water...tahdah...came this huge schools of fishes...like you see the crowd of ladies when there is a cheap sale in a shopping mall!!! These small imported fishes called Garra Rufa (sounded like garoupa), are grey in colour with some black stripes on the bodies, but there were a few "off-colured" ones - pink!!! Hmmm!!!

They come at you like nobody's business...n nibble on your feet. It seemed, you will get this ticklish feeling for a few seconds, but I guess I have thicker skin than most, I didn't get that feeling. Anyway, it felt nice, like those tiny water jets spraying at your feet, ala jacuzzi. The fishes were everywhere...from the sole to the crevices between my toes to the length of my feet exposed to the water. They are no pirahnas nor sharks, therefore no bites but only nice sensational nibbling.

This massage is suppose to stimulate blood circulation and clean your feet from dead cells. Gosh, I must have tonnes of dead cells, as I can see, the fishes swarming and nibbling on my feet, but just the thought of these fishes feasting on the cells and cleaning my legs, I felt my RM18.70's worth.

After half an hour of providing free buffet to the fishes, I have to leave for my next appointment. I would not mind sitting longer to do more free-food charity to these "phor tor" fishes. I would not say, I felt lighter after the massage, but sure you feel you have cleaner legs...either phsycological or truth.

I do not mind going again...:)

1 comment:

howardkhor said...

fish die fish die, so pity...