Sunday, September 21, 2008

...the mystery queue in ikea...

I noticed a long queue in Ikea (The Curve) when I was there recently. It was almost breakfast time and before we had our dinner, Mei Mei and I decided to walk across to Ikea from The Curve to get some of Na Na's chocolates.
Out of curiosity, I asked Mei Mei why is there such a queue at the snack counter. Ah...she told me, people are lining up to get the curry puffs. Queuing for curry puffs??? Never heard of such. The curry puffs must be really good. Well, after getting the chocolates, we walked back to "hunt" for a good dinner, but my mind has been echoing "curry puffs, curry puffs, curry puffs"!!!
After a pleasant repast, I gave in to my curiosity...we walked back and I was glad the snack counter was still open and I can see the curry puffs on the rack. The line is now shorter. When it was my turn, I got two pieces for RM1.00 per piece. That is for testing before the indulgence.
Hurriedly went back to my room to try the puffs like a cat with a new toy and since the puffs were still piping hot, I decided to take a bite. The filling, to my surprised, is not spicy and unlike some, the potatoes are cooked until really soft. And as a bonus, there is a small slice of egg!!! Love it!!! Will buy more when I am there again...and join in the long line!!!
What started out as a bite after a tummy filling dinner, ended up eating both curry puffs!!! Curiosity not only killed the cat, but sure made me heavier!!!
Ratings : 7/10

No comments: