Tuesday, September 30, 2008

...selamat hari raya aidil fitri...



Time for ketupat, rendang and lemang!!! After a month of fasting, finally my Muslim friends are celebrating Hari Raya. I always look forward to this festive season because everytime I walked past my neighbour's kitchen, the smell of baking and cooking fills the corridor that leads to my home. The smell of rendang never fails to make my tummy growling.
I can hear the sound of fireworks outside my window and the cheerful amazement of the children.
This year, her grand daughter brought over some Raya goodies. Less variety of cookies and cakes that I can do without. Luckily, she still gives a generous helping of beef rendang...

So all my Muslim friends...here's wishing you a Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri!!! And for those balik kampung, safe journey!!!

No comments: