Monday, August 4, 2008

...cat in my dish...



To prove that catfish can be cooked in other ways than the usual curry...I ordered my favourite Cameron dish - stirfried catfish. And time and time again, to prove my taste remarkable taste buds, I keep taking people there for this special dish.

Cameron Seafood Restaurant is located at the entrance to the foot of Kek Lok Si. It is just directly across the big carpark...you can't miss it. It is not a fancy restaurant nor a run down coffee shop.

There are some great dishes I would recommend - sambal udang petai, claypot tau foo, curry fish, venison with ginger onions and the broiled soup of the day, but I never miss ordering the mentioned speciality - stirfried catfish.

The dish is served, with chunks of fried catfish meat (and head - not for the faint hearted) and stirfried with ginger, onions, spring onions and dried chili. The meat of this fish is smooth (almost as good as cod) inside and it's a little crispy on the skin. It is then covered with the sauce. Not too spicy, not too sweet, not salty....just perfect. I have always liked ginger, onions, garlic and spring onions in my food and cooking. Stirfried with thick soya sauce...it's simply lips smacking. Eat this dish with plain hot white rice. A must try for catfish lover. It's simply ring-a-ding-ding!!! Eddie finds it great too, don't you Eddie???

Ratings : 8/10

No comments: