Sunday, August 3, 2008

...flower power...


Can somebody tell me what is this flower called...I have been searching the net but to no avail. It is simply beautiful. Given to me by Mak Suet Kin, I thought this flower only blossom once in this hot weather...as after the first flower withered, some of the buds went along. It gave a thrill when I saw two buds that looked so healthy. The one of them just "kaaaabooom", came this beautiful flower. I am waiting eagerly, for the next one. Thanks to Mum's care and watering.

I know it comes in various colour from maroon to deep purple and I think I saw them growing very well in colder climate. Not too sure...the petals are hairy, soft, velvet-like. The foliage is thick. Do let me know if you happened to be "flower smart". Thank you.
Now Carole, I have a botanic article in my blog too!!! Hahaha...but nothing like your phenomenal Yeh Lai Siang. :)
P/S The curiousity has been solved...it's called "GLOXINIA"...thank you so much Carole and the roses you bought your mum is "boo-tee-pool"!!!

2 comments:

YewSuan said...

Frend, this flower is belongs to the african violet family.. Mum used to have this.. i think she still have one pot at home, Red in colour. Try cutting the leaf and soak the tip in water.. weeks time you can see the roots .. Wah La .. tanam la kat pot baru. Good Luck. BTW, the flower do not need direct sunlight, and water only at the soil not the flower or the leaf. If you want to look for this , try the nursery at greenlane, near to Caltex..If not mistaken 1 pot is around RM8.00

Cheers Carole

keedo said...

thankz carole. dare not transfer to pot baru lah...worry mati terus mah :)
so far, i have done the opposite, under sunlight, water on the leaves and buds...yes, i think that is where my friend bought it from...:)