Wednesday, August 13, 2008

...of sardine puffs and fruit tartlets...

Recently, discovered how nice sardine puffs are...especially the ones from Deli Classic Bakery in Gottlieb Road (opposite Penang Chinese Girl High School). This is the second time I ordered...first was for volunteer Jane Walker's farewell and today, for the launching of the Moonlight Festival Concert. Oh, for those who know me well, knows my eating habit...I can go on eating something nice for days or weeks or even month (and in the case of the wan tan mee in the other blog, year!!!).

The puff pastry is really puffed enough (but not too flaky). The smell of butter in the layers of the pastry is simply yummy. The filling is sardine...very well cooked filling. It does not excrete strong fishy smell and taste as the aroma of the butter is stronger. Really good, when taken hot. Every bite, every crunch!!! The craving that made me order the sardine puffs was when I remembered my old neighbour Vicky when I was staying in Chow Thye Road. She was baking and selling sardine puffs for her school project. She came over and sold me a few pieces. Her's was sardine rolled in short crust pastry, hence the name sardine rolls.

Ratings : 7/10
I ordered fruit tartlets from Deli Classic Bakery too. Very colourful, small, bite-size tarts (bite-size for my mouth anyway). It is decorated with tiny chucks of kiwifruits, strawberries and peaches (so you get green, red and yellow). It is filled with cream in to the little crust pasty cups. I have tried better fruit tartlets elsewhere, but still presentable and ideal for functions. Recommended for parties and gatherings.


Ratings : 6/10

2 comments:

Men in the mirror said...

hey dude why din keep sum fruit tarlets 4 me de :-(

keedo said...

hahaha...too laku lah...