Wednesday, August 27, 2008

...fairy biscuits...


I did not know what it is called, but my post-maternity boss, Mummy, told me they are called "Fairy Biscuits"...I do not know what is so "fairy" about it.

Anyway, yesterday, I just thought of sharing this self-easy-to-make biscuits in the office. I used to take this as a child when I visited Van Houten Chocolate House. This chocolate boutique (there no other in Penang then), was located on the corner groud floor of Penang Bowl (where the Latin Quater is). I was usually brought there after school. The owner of the shop who knew my parent, would always make this "fairy biscuits" for me.

Take a piece of Marie Biscuit (I had a problem enquiring about this biscuit from the market that morning - I asked if he had Marie...he looked puzzling at me...I had to repeat so many times, until he finally said.."Ah...Mary Pniah"!!! Aiyoh!!! Mei Mei finally bought 500gm of biscuits!!!), spread with a generous layer of butter and sprinkle chocolate rice on it...ideal for children parties and snacks. It is simple and cheap and brings back some chocolate-ty memories!!!

No comments: